Our Vision Statement
Gin Gin’s Own 104.9FM is to be regarded as a professional medium, engaged with and providing the local community with information, news, music and sport broadcasting locally, twenty-four hours a day.
Our Mission Statement
Gin Gin’s Own 104.9FM is to be:
- a pro-active dynamic broadcasting medium, successfully catering to the needs of those not adequately serviced by main stream media;
- provide a diverse range of programs that offer variety to the community, including promotion of indigenous, multicultural and specific demographic components of the local community; and
- Deliver a quality product for all our sponsors to promote their goods and services within our licensed area.
The purpose for which the Association is established, as set out in our Constitution, are to:
- promote and further the community of Gin Gin and the surrounding regional districts by the provision of a radio station accessible to the community;
- operate a Community Radio Broadcasting Station in such a manner as to satisfy the needs of the community;
- provide access of Community Radio Broadcasting facilities in all its various forms to members of the Association;
- foster and encourage participation by all members of the community irrespective of their ethnicity, race, language, gender, sexuality, age, physical and mental ability, occupation, religious, cultural or political beliefs;
- facilitate access to, and/or provide full accredited training and facilities for members to enable their development as radio broadcasters, to foster and encourage participation by all members in the full operation of the service, and to ensure compliance with the Broadcasting Services Act; and
- ensure that the Community Radio Broadcasting Code of Practice is properly observed.